This is the story of 3 Friends from 3 different countries who enjoy sharing their love for scrapbooking with their readers.
Voici l'histoire de 3 Copines vivant dans 3 pays différents qui vous donnent rendez-vous chaque mois pour partager leur passion du scrap...

5 septembre 2011

Jennifer Larson - Heritage Photos

Hello, today, I'd like to introduce you another friend of mine: Jennifer Larson.
Bonjour, aujourd'hui, j'aimerais vous présenter une autre scropine: Jennifer Larson.


Jennifer Larson is a high school English teacher, wife to the biggest Star Wars fan in the world, and mother to two boys, the 2nd and 3rd biggest fans. She has been scrapbooking since 2002 and currently is on design teams for Ella Publishing, Sketch Support, and GCD Studios. She blogs at Midwest Scrapgarden (http://midwestscrapgarden.blogspot.com/) and tweets under the name Buffyfanlarson (http://twitter.com/#!/buffyfanlarson).

Jennifer enseigne l'anglais dans un lycée américain du Midwest. Elle est mariée à un dingue de StarWars, maman de deux garçons (égalment fans de la Guerre des Etoiles!). Elle fait du scrap depuis 2011 et fait aussi partie de plusieurs D.Ts dont Ella Publishing, Sketch Support et GCD Studios. Son blog s'appelle Midwest Scrapgarden et elle tweet sous le nom de Buffyfanlarson.(http://twitter.com/#!/buffyfanlarson)

***

I'm not an expert at PSE7 (what I have), but I do some basic work on the photos. Here's some tips for what I tend to do when I scrap with heritage/older photos:

Je ne suis pas une experte de photoshop element 7 mais j'aime m'en servir pour améliorer l'aspect des vieilles photos:

1. Scan. That one's probably obvious.I keep all heritage photos in a separate file in my computer.
1. Scanner les vieilles photos et les ranger dans un dossier spécial "vieilles photos"

2. I tend to do a color correction, especially with photos that have been damaged by acidic adhesive (think 70s photo albums). If the photos are otherwise flawed--fading, e.g.--I'll adjust lighting and contrast as well.
2. je corrige la couleur surtout pour les photos qui ont été endommagées.

3. For serious imperfections, I might use the clone stamp tool if it's something small. Then I would use an action or a texture to mask the imperfections. On Early Magic, I used Pioneer Woman's Seventies action on the photos. It evened out the color a bit, which I had to do since some had been damaged by acid. On Summer of 1986, the photos were fading, so I adjusted lighting, then added a texture overlay from Fudge Graphics (http://www.fudgegraphics.com/category/textures/) and reduced the opacity.
3. Pour les grosses imperfections, j'utilise le tampon et j'aime aussi beaucoup les actions de Pioneer Woman et je recommande les overlays de Fudge Graphics.

4. I tend not to enlarge heritage photos; they get pixelated. I tend to make them around the same size as the print I scanned. (Online photo developers often tell you if the quality of the photo will be bad for the size you want to print).
4. Je n'agrandis jamais les vieilles photos qui deviennent "pixelées". 

5. When I finally scrap with the photos, I don't limit myself to vintage products. I pick products to reflect the spirit of the subject. I went for a beachy feel for Summer of 1986, I picked subdued Disney colors for Early Magic, and I picked some traditional winter colors for Skating Show.
5. Enfin lorsque je scrappe des vieilles photos, je ne me limite pas à l'utilisation de produits "vintage". Je préfère choisir des décos qui s'accordent à l'ambiance des photos ( ambiance de plage pour la page Summer of 1986, teintes passées pour celle de Disney, décos traditionnelles pour "Skating Show")




3 commentaires:

Virginia L. a dit…

AWESOME post!! Thanks for the fantastic inspiration, Jennifer! GREAT tips about scrapping heritage photos! Your layouts are absolutely FABULOUS!

Valérie a dit…

Jolie présentation!
Tes pages sont superbes et je constate que tu chéris les vieilles photos...tes pages les mettent bien en valeur: BRAVO
bises,

Anonyme a dit…

bonjour et merci à Jennifer pour ses idées...son inspiration et son talent!!
Bonne continuation et bises
MC